The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2021 6:14 am  #1

Tina Turner’s Swiss Chateau Retirement

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/10/tina-turner-musical-retirement-interview
There is a plaque in Tina Turner’s home that reads, “Please no package deliveries before 12 o’clock.”
“You can deduce from that: I am not an early riser,” Turner says via email when asked to describe a typical day in retirement for her. “I start every day calmly. My favorite thing is to take care of my flowers in the garden.”
It’s a blissful life, one that Turner worked incredibly hard to earn. The legendary entertainer stepped back from the public eye nearly 20 years ago, retiring to Chateau Algonquin, her sprawling home in Switzerland, with husband Erwin Bach. But public fascination with Turner hasn’t gone away. This month, Tina, the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical based on her life, returns to the stage, with best actress winner Adrienne Warren reprising her role as Turner for the rest of October. Then the role will be taken over by Nkeki Obi-Melekwe, who played Turner in the musical’s West End production. 

Board footera