The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2021 6:07 am  #1

Got vinyl? Here are some ways to know if your old records are valuable

A bit different than the kind of thing you'd normally see here, but I'm betting some posters still have a lot of vinyl from their past.

Got vinyl? Here are some ways to know if your old records are valuable

October 29, 2021 9:21 am  #2

Re: Got vinyl? Here are some ways to know if your old records are valuable

A real good way to figure out what your records are worth is to check eBay by running a search on the title and including the "sold " listings. It appears you can get your maximum bang for a buck if you sell your records on eBay. I have a pretty big collection but the reality is I don't spin vinyl anymore and if I don't start moving them now, they'll either end up in a garage sale or a landfill site when we downsize to a smaller place.

October 29, 2021 12:46 pm  #3

Re: Got vinyl? Here are some ways to know if your old records are valuable

Roman wrote:

A real good way to figure out what your records are worth is to check eBay by running a search on the title and including the "sold " listings. It appears you can get your maximum bang for a buck if you sell your records on eBay. I have a pretty big collection but the reality is I don't spin vinyl anymore and if I don't start moving them now, they'll either end up in a garage sale or a landfill site when we downsize to a smaller place.

if records are now a mere collectors item as an object, might i assume pricing has little to do with content?

Board footera