The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2021 8:28 pm  #1

The Seekers

I went down a rabbit hole in FB today about The Seekers and found that their lead singer, Judith Durham, was heralded as one of the best pop singers around, at least by their fan base. There's probably some substance to that based on this YouTube video from 2013 with Judith still hitting all the right notes some 50+ years into her career.

November 16, 2021 1:28 am  #2

Re: The Seekers

Thanks Roman.  You don't even have to close your eyes and pretend - she's every bit of what she was in 1966.  Marvelous voice and stunning figure!  Wow!!  I have always loved that song and many of the others they did.  As I was researching some of their music, I found an interesting tidbit of trivia:  one of my favorites from The Seekers, "Someday, One Day", released March 18, 1966, roughly chronologically half way through their brief famed period, was written by Paul Simon.  All part of Paul's time in England after he and Art bombed on their initial release of Homeward Bound album and subsequent bomb.  He met Bruce Woodley of the Seekers and the two co-authored a bunch of great music.

Last edited by Little Rich (November 16, 2021 2:40 am)

Board footera