The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2021 9:27 pm  #1

"The Voice - Oldies Style" Launched By PBS' My Music Producer

Well, I suppose this was inevitable. The producer behind all those "My Music" shows on PBS, which bring back surviving 50s and 60s artists, is launching a new talent show called "Doo Wop Star." The idea is to find people who like the music of that era and allow them to audition to see who's the best. 

"The Next '50s & '60s Pop, Soul and Doo-Wop Star talent search seeks to discover, record and celebrate singers who can accurately channel the iconic artists of the 1950s and 1960s. "We're looking for the unknown voices of today who can recreate the vocal phrasing, musical arrangements and spirited choreography of the originals." 

No word yet on when this show gets going or the exact format, but we've seen this kind of talent show before on other networks. It's just this one will contain the kinds of songs those guys and gals rarely perform. 

National Talent Search For "The Next '50s & '60s Pop, Soul And Doo-Wop Star"

Is the Next Doo Wop Star you?

November 19, 2021 9:09 pm  #2

Re: "The Voice - Oldies Style" Launched By PBS' My Music Producer

Too bad that TJ is limiting contestants to only American citizens. As a karaoke host, I can attest that Canada has it's share of amazing 50s & 60s style talent. Nevertheless, I'll be anxiously awaiting the show's debut in 2022.

November 23, 2021 2:58 am  #3

Re: "The Voice - Oldies Style" Launched By PBS' My Music Producer

Cloud9 wrote:

Too bad that TJ is limiting contestants to only American citizens. As a karaoke host, I can attest that Canada has it's share of amazing 50s & 60s style talent. Nevertheless, I'll be anxiously awaiting the show's debut in 2022.

It has to do with legalities, unfortunately. The UK is also filled with such talent.

Tom Diehl

Board footera