The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2021 10:15 am  #1

The Temptations Release New 60th Anniversary Album

There's really only one original left - Otis Williams - and he's the leading figure behind a brand new Temptations album, appropriately titled "Temptations 60." But Williams, who is now 80, is not the only Motown veteran involved in the release - there's also a new song written by Smokey Robinson, who also appears on the track. 

As Temptations announce 60th anniversary album, Otis Williams is energized, nostalgic

The album is said to contain all different kinds of genres, but there's one that might interest many here - a song called "When We Were Kings," which is about the group itself. It mentions some of their previous songs and members and essentially pays tribute to the chart might of what the tune calls the "tempting Temptations."

The track was released on Dec. 2nd, and is worth a listen if only to prove that, even as an octogenarian. Williams still has that smooth sound that made the group such huge hitmakers all those years ago.

Last edited by aflem (December 3, 2021 11:49 am)

December 4, 2021 6:06 pm  #2

Re: The Temptations Release New 60th Anniversary Album

Thanks aflem.  WOW!!!  Otis Williams, still at and he didn't skip a beat - he is still smooth as silk and dedicated to bringing the best of the best.  Yes, When We Were Kings typifies their classic Motown Sound that I remember; I grew up in Motown and remember the Classic Soul like yesterday.   I have to say that Mr. Williams voice quality is as high a quality as Tony Bennet's singing at his "last concert" with Lady Gaga.  How do some of those guys do so well and others only WISH that they could?
Thanks again!!

Board footera