The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2021 5:53 pm  #1

ITV Beatles Special Contains Some Never Before Seen Fab 4 Footage

This may have been online earlier than August 2021, but the version I came across on YouTube was put up then. It's a terrific special from 2015 that aired on Britain's ITV, revealing a poll of the U.K.'s favorite Beatles songs. But it's not just a recount of the tunes.

There's a ton of never-before-seen footage in the 90 minute-plus special (including an appearance on Doctor Who, of all shows) along with interviews ranging from producer Peter Asher (of Peter and Gordon) to hitmaker Sandie Shaw, the Supremes' Mary Wilson and even Lamont Dozier of Motown's Holland-Dozier-Holland fame.

It's long and but it's pretty terrific if you've never seen it. I couldn't turn it off once I started playing it. And unlike many so-called Beatles documentaries made over the years, where they couldn't afford or didn't want to pay the royalties for using the music, this one has plentiful excerpts from some of their greatest hits.

With the new multi-part Peter Jackson "Get Back" special out, I wouldn't call this the "Best Ever Beatles Documentary," as is implied in the still below, but it's hard to argue it's not fascinating to watch. 

Last edited by aflem (December 28, 2021 9:10 pm)

Board footera