The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2022 2:30 pm  #1

Best 100 rock albums of the ’60s

There will, of course, never be agreement on any of these and inevitably, your favorite will either be ranked too low or omitted altogether. But it's worth noting that on this list, at least, the expected Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band did NOT come in at #1!

Best 100 rock albums of the ’60s  

March 20, 2022 5:06 pm  #2

Re: Best 100 rock albums of the ’60s

I think the only glaring omission is Dolly Parton's 'My Blue Ridge Mountain Boy'.

March 21, 2022 6:54 pm  #3

Re: Best 100 rock albums of the ’60s

I kinda knew what my reaction would be, but thought I should read it at least.  Just reinforces everything I've known for years.  This is exactly why I got so deep into country during that period.  Of these 50, the only ones I would listen to were Otis Redding, Johnny Cash, Nick Drake,  And give the Beach Boys honorable mention, because they at least seemed normal.  I'm not too familiar with Otis' albums, but I would hope there is a better one than this. It just bothers me that someone as supremely talented and unique as Otis Redding would waste his time on such mainstream fluff as My Girl.  So flame away.  I can take it, because I know what I like.

Last edited by Flo (March 21, 2022 6:59 pm)

Board footera