The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2019 5:56 pm  #1

Old Board

Damn, I miss the old board. I felt so comfortable there.

June 6, 2019 11:12 pm  #2

Re: Old Board

Understandable ... I still miss it too, despite having set up this forum. But I appreciate all the efforts that people have been making here to keep the flame alive. 

June 9, 2019 4:47 pm  #3

I feel comfortable at this board as well...

Tom Diehl

June 10, 2019 5:58 am  #4

what cannot be remedied must be endured... and in this case gratitude for an alternative ought to be appriciated.

June 10, 2019 7:11 am  #5

I also feel comfortable here.  After getting used to the different format, it has become the same daily routine for me.  Just reading the familiar names here makes it feel like home.  Good people.  Good music.  Good times.

June 10, 2019 7:14 am  #6

One of the features I particularly enjoy on this board is that the number of views is also visible.  So, although the number of replies could be higher (they had declined on the old board as well), there are still  many who come to the board to read the latest oldies news and commentary, even though they might not be writing replies.

Thanks, Lorne, for taking the initiative to get this board going.  I feel it is working well, and would encourage more of the "viewers" to contribute replies or start threads.  It's always good to hear other points of view.  But it's also nice to see a significant number of folks showing interest, even if it's just by checking in on a regular basis.

June 10, 2019 9:31 am  #7

I used to check the old board daily, mainly the daily calendar, but always looked at the various topics and posts, very rarely contributing.  Thanks Lorne for creating this site!  I'll try to comment more in the future.

June 10, 2019 11:40 am  #8

I enjoyed the old board as well, but appreciate Lorne keeping this one going.  But the hard fact is that the years go rolling by and the "good old days" are far behind us.  In fact, it's been almost 20 years since the great doo-wop revival on Public Broadcasting and many of the ones that were there have left us.  The key factor for me in my memories of back then was the sheer variety of music we played and listened to.  Country, pop, rock'n'roll, standards, foreign language, sweet instrumentals, comedy, hymns, all found their way onto the radio and on the various pop charts.  I give thanks every day that I was a small part of that, being a DJ and playing all of the above.  I am really grateful for the quality of the recordings from back then, they sound as good today as they did when they first hit the airwaves.  Thanks again, Lorne, for your work and dedication.  I'm here every day and plan to stay that way.

June 10, 2019 1:09 pm  #9

I agree Lorne. Thanks !

June 12, 2019 7:58 am  #10

I think I should clarify my post. I did not mean to demean the new board. I am grateful for it. I guess the old board was like and old pair of shoes, very comfortable. Thanks for being here.

June 12, 2019 9:19 am  #11

smott wrote:

I think I should clarify my post. I did not mean to demean the new board. I am grateful for it. I guess the old board was like and old pair of shoes, very comfortable. Thanks for being here.

Again, I can understand where you're coming from, because that's how I felt about the old board as well. So I think that it's good that you spoke up and sparked this discussion. And it's also been good to see how much everyone who has posted here appreciates the new board.  

June 15, 2019 5:12 am  #12

Contributors who frequently never missed an opportunity to slam Rolling Stone magazine &/or Jann Wenner thankfully haven't found this one.     In that regard, David Crosby's column in the current (June) issue is excellent     

G.

June 15, 2019 6:11 am  #13

I too must thank Lorne for this great site. There is always new information about "our" music and this is the way to keep abreast of it. I agree with RobN about checking the 'Oldies Calendar' on a daily basis as it was something I did religiously. Lastly, to all that it may concern, Happy Father's Day in advance.

June 15, 2019 7:23 pm  #14

I too miss the old board. Although I seldom posted I read the the threads regularly. As an oldie myself I am also really happy that it has continued via this board. May it continue long past me along with the music and artists of the 50's and 60's that I still enjoy hearing.

Board footera