The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2019 12:05 pm  #1

Royal Affair Tour

I wasn't very excited when I heard about this tour coming through town, mainly because so many members of the bands involved have passed away. We could use a whole bus of holograms for this one. First there's E,L & P, and drummer Carl Palmer is the only one left standing. Asia, who had a couple of big hits in the 80's will be there, but without the services of lead singer John Wetton who died a couple of years ago. Yes is also there but it's not the classic John Anderson/RickWakeman line-up or the line-up with Trevor Rabin that gave us Owner Of A Lonely Heart. Instead it's a Steve Howe-led outfit that sounds like a tribute band.

The saving grace in all this is the show will be hosted and include performances by the God of Hellfire himself, Arthur Brown. His claim to fame came in 1968 with his Crazy World of Arthur Brown album, produced by Pete Townshend, which includes his big hit single 'Fire'. I'm really tempted to go just to see him and if I get word that he still lights himself on fire as part of the act, I'm there.   
http://thegodofhellfire.com/event/the-2019-royal-affair-tour-with-yes-asiathe-john-lodge-band-carl-palmers-elp-with-guest-vocals-by-arthur-brown/

Last edited by Roman (June 13, 2019 8:23 am)

June 14, 2019 3:29 am  #2

Re: Royal Affair Tour

john wetton will be much more greatly missed by whatever version of king crimson robert fripp has going than asia, who shouldn't have any problem finding a generic replacement.

Board footera