The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2022 2:11 pm  #1

Jim Seals of Seals and Crofts Dies at Age 80

Jim Seals, who as part of the duo Seals and Crofts crafted memorably wistful 1970s hits like “Summer Breeze” and “Diamond Girl,” died Monday at age 80. No cause of death was immediately given.
Several friends and relatives confirmed the death. “I just learned that James ‘Jimmy’ Seals has passed,” announced his cousin, Brady Seals, a former member of the country band Little Texas, Monday night. “My heart just breaks for his wife Ruby and their children. Please keep them in your prayers. What an incredible legacy he leaves behind.”
Wrote John Ford Coley, “This is a hard one on so many levels as this is a musical era passing for me. And it will never pass this way again, as his song said,” he added, referring to the Seals and Croft hit “We May Never Pass This Way (Again).” Coley was a member of another hit duo of the era, England Dan and John Ford Coley, with Jim Seals’ younger brother, the late Dan Seals.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jim-seals-seals-crofts-duo-164143449.html

June 9, 2022 8:07 pm  #2

Re: Jim Seals of Seals and Crofts Dies at Age 80

Sad to hear. I really enjoyed Summer Breeze and particularly Diamond Girl, as I thought those songs brought a bit of a jazz vibe to the charts. Not sure about the writer's comment that Jim was the primary lead vocalist, as it was Dash Crofts who took the lead on both of those songs as well as Get Closer.

Board footera