The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2022 6:05 pm  #1

Moving - Look What I Found!

I'm in the process of packing up most of my essential possessions,.. selling off other "stuff" through yard sales... and donating the rest to the Salvation Army, in preparation to relocate from Ontario to Nova Scotia. 

Yesterday, I came across a box with an old Sony reel-to-reel recorder and about 60 seven-inch reels of tape... air-checks from my days with CBC Radio back in the early seventies... literally fifty years ago.

I won't be able to listen to them any time soon, but I'm sure they'll provide some interesting memories during those cold winter snow-bound nights in Nova Scotia.

June 23, 2022 7:35 pm  #2

Re: Moving - Look What I Found!

If you ever find the time sometime in the future once you're relocated, you should digitize the tapes and post them on a free service like YouTube or SoundCloud. Not only will you be sharing some amazing radio and music history, but also preserving them for posterity because your tapes will inevitably degrade with time and possibly become unplayable.

Good luck with the move!

June 25, 2022 9:02 am  #3

Re: Moving - Look What I Found!

I'd definitely be interested in hearing those tapes.

My two reel to reel players need repairs in order to get them working again. One of them is a Revox A77 that was owned by legendary producer Jerry Ross. It was purchased from his daughter.

Tom Diehl

Board footera