The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2022 11:38 am  #1

The Stonemans - "Colorado Bound"

My English is poor. Can you please help me and at least write briefly what the song is about?
And in other words, what does the word "bound" mean in this case?

June 30, 2022 1:22 pm  #2

Re: The Stonemans - "Colorado Bound"

In this case, "Bound" would seem to mean "heading towards," as in "I'm heading towards (or on my way to) Colorado and will be there soon." 

And by the way, I think your English is very impressive. Not sure what your native tongue is, but I know I wouldn't be able to speak it! (Come to think of it, I'm not all that great in English, either!)

June 30, 2022 3:22 pm  #3

Dear aflem,
Thank you for the explanation. so the text is probably about the beauties and sights of the state of Colorado, right?
And by the way - it's different to write on the internet and to help yourself by a web translator, and it's different to understand the text being sung. I can only do the latter very poorly.

Last edited by mroldies (June 30, 2022 3:23 pm)

June 30, 2022 4:24 pm  #4

Having listened to the song on YouTube, it seems to be more about Denver, the largest city in Colorado, but yes, it's about the scenic views there.

Colorado has the Rocky Mountains and Denver is known as The Mile High City, which they refer to in the lyrics. Hope that helps!

June 30, 2022 5:07 pm  #5

Thank you, this is the Czech version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJnXi1SFR4

Board footera