The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2022 12:21 pm  #1

Supremes, Neil Diamond, Lesley Gore As You've Never Heard Them Before

Have to credit my local radio board for this reference. There's a subsite on YouTube that features a whole lot of bizarre audio from the past, including radio station jingles, old TV themes and others. But after investigating it, the one thing I found really interesting is a series of old Coca-Cola radio spots featuring some of the biggest stars of the 60s.

The one that especially caught my ear was the one below from The Supremes, a commercial made to sound for all the world like "Baby Love." It's a bit fascinating to hear them do takes of their famous hits in an entirely different way. 

The same site also features Neil Diamond, Jan & Dean, Tom Jones, The Newbeats, Gladys Knight & the Pips and whole lot of other 60s hitmakers, all singing the praises of a certain soft drink. You'll have to do a bit of scrolling to find out who else is there, but these are the "unheard" hits, if you will, of some of the biggest artists of the 60s!

July 14, 2022 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Supremes, Neil Diamond, Lesley Gore As You've Never Heard Them Before

I've had dozens of coca cola (and other) jingles in my collection for the last 15 or so years. Even have a 45 with four jingles on it. Cool stuff.

Tom Diehl

Board footera