The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2022 9:01 am  #1

PBS To Show "Doobie Bros. 50th Anniversary At Radio City Music Hall"

This looks like a great special, celebrating one of the seminal bands of the 70s, and complete with both Michael McDonald and Tom Johnston in tow. It was taped at Radio City Music Hall in Sept. 2022 and is scheduled to be shown on PBS stations across the U.S.

The real question is when it airs.

According to the release below, it will be on WOUB, a PBS outlet in Ohio, on November 26th. But I've been unable to find a similar time for Buffalo's WNED, which is my local station. Best bet? Keep an eye on your local listings, because PBS is notorious for not carrying shows in pattern and leaving it to individual stations to do some of the scheduling.

But this one looks like it could be good - if you can find it. One word of warning: this is definitely a fund raising opportunity for the locals. So if you're going to watch it, you may want to record it and skip through the endless pledge breaks, which can turn a 2-hour special into something less than a 60-minute watch!

Doobie Bros. 50th Anniversary Live at Radio City Music Hall Special

November 29, 2022 11:24 pm  #2

Re: PBS To Show "Doobie Bros. 50th Anniversary At Radio City Music Hall"

Showed last night on WNED. Airs on Seattle’s KCTS Thurs. 12/1 - 2 am, Fri. 12/2 - 9 pm,
and on Detroit’s WTVS Sat. 12/10 at 11 pm.
I would guess EST for the Motor City, Cogeco program guide here in Ontario shows
Washington times three hours later than posted above if you’re here in the east.

Last edited by mike marshall (November 29, 2022 11:40 pm)

November 29, 2022 11:58 pm  #3

Re: PBS To Show "Doobie Bros. 50th Anniversary At Radio City Music Hall"

This special repeats Saturday morning, Dec. 3rd, at 1:30 AM on WNED if you missed it.

Most PBS stations repeat these kind of programs in the middle of the night after showing them originally in primetime. If you missed it in its first go-round, check the listings for the PBS station in your area and you'll probably find out when the second chance to see it runs. 

Board footera