The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2019 7:26 pm  #1

Ticket Prices

I read the story of the Cadillac Lounge closing, and continued on to read about Drake's forthcoming concert:  =17px [url=https://globalnews.ca/news/5488583/ovo-fest-ticket-prices-drake/]OVO Fest ticket prices aren’t cheap, and Drake fans aren’t amused..  [size=125]and I noted that ticket prices for general admission are $2,500.00 and up.  I know I'm old and have been out of the concert loop for a while, BUT Two-and-a-half-thousand dollars!!  For general admission!!

Now personally, I wouldn't ante up a dollar for a ticket to OVO Fest... just not my kind of music, but I also wouldn't pay that kind of money for ANY act.  After all, I've seen many of the greats (James Brown Revue; The Righteous Brothers; Ray Charles; Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks, just to name a few), and I've never paid more than $10 for good tickets. With inflation, that's likely less than $100 in today's dollars. 

So, my questions... What's the most you've paid for a concert ticket?  And what concert was it?  Secondly, what's the most you would pay for a ticket to any act still performing? Just curious.
[/size][/url]

Last edited by Cloud9 (July 15, 2019 7:27 pm)

July 17, 2019 5:40 am  #2

Re: Ticket Prices

i just paid $1400+ for two willie nelson front row seats  (not list price, via secondary market). get this, the only way to get the tix.is by putting them on a smartphone. i got one to do that, but so far i can't figure it out well enough to get it done and the show is three weeks away. i don
t know if i'll be there or will have to eat this mighty expensive adventure into modern technology and price. good luck to drake, and his promoters. he's an international superstar, like him or not. maybe he can demand that price and get it. or not. in fact, at that price could be another fyre fest situation, who knows?

Last edited by gopher (July 17, 2019 5:48 am)

Board footera