The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2023 9:49 am  #1

Audio: New Album Highlights Rare & Long Lost Everly Bros. Songs

Talk about a pedigree. The pair behind a "new" Everly effort comes by it honestly - Jason Everly, Phil's son and Stacey Everly, Don's daughter. And the producer is Tom Petty's daughter, who claims her father always said he wouldn't have been a rock star without the dynamic duo. 

According to Stacey: "We just found record after record after record … you'd hadn't heard these songs before. So, it was fascinating. The usual suspects, we always heard, like everybody else, right? And then, you know, we see, 'Oh, wow, they recorded that? How interesting!'"

All three were featured on a CBS Sunday Morning piece that aired on the weekend, and is worth a look. You can see it and hear some of the "new" Everly songs here.

March 26, 2023 8:53 pm  #2

Re: Audio: New Album Highlights Rare & Long Lost Everly Bros. Songs

I caught the Everly Brothers piece on CBS this morning and found it quite interesting. That being said, I don't think this new album contains any songs that are rare or long lost. They've just remastered some of the brothers' lesser known works.  Personally, I would have preferred a re-release of EB 84, their comeback album produced by Dave Emunds, along with some unreleased tracks. Their recording of McCartney's 'Wings Of A Nightingale' is an absolute classic.

Last edited by Roman (March 26, 2023 8:55 pm)

Board footera