The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2019 10:52 pm  #1

Woodstock 50 relocates from New York to… Maryland

Less than two weeks after being rejected by the township of Vernon, N.Y. to set up at Vernon Downs, the team behind Woodstock 50 may have just found themselves a useable site to host the long-troubled festival.
That’s right. After an ongoing sea of troubles and doubt, including Woodstock 50 being falsely cancelled, followed by their team losing a number of investors and business partners, there finally seems to be light in the development of the nearly doomed music festival.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5687469/woodstock-50-relocates-to-maryland/

July 30, 2019 1:13 am  #2

Re: Woodstock 50 relocates from New York to… Maryland

ho ho. over the weekend it was announced that the 'festival' (an event at an amphitheater hardly sounds festive to me, well, maybe on the lawn), if it happens, will be free, to be funded by "donations and paid v.i.p.seating." that seems grasping at straws and problematic for a start.

there are a couple more issues. the pavillion manager said "if the bands show up, we will produce the concert." since the artists were originally contracted for watkins glen, woodstock 50 released all signed acts. several major headliners dropped out before that happed. 50, at present, has no lineup.

it is going to have to renegotiate with whoever they can get back, assuming all acts haven't already scheduled shows elsewhere since being released, or find entirely new replacements in around two weeks' time at the height of the summer concert season. who knows who, if anyone, will be confident enough of a secure paycheck, and will agree to play?

additionally, how will they ticket a free event with seating? will it be general admission, with folks fighting to get the best seats, or assigned on some sort of a first come, first served basis? 50 may not have trouble attracting a good size crowd of locals if the show materializes, but i imagine most who originally planned to attend will have difficulty shifting travel plans and finding accomodations at this late date.  ...i'm just not convinced, still, that this free bird is gonna fly.

Last edited by gopher (July 30, 2019 4:57 pm)

July 30, 2019 7:11 am  #3

Re: Woodstock 50 relocates from New York to… Maryland

interesting. thanks for the info Goph!

Board footera