The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2023 9:09 am  #1

New book on Bob Dylan to feature over 600 images from his archives

I read a brief news item about this book that had me wondering if there was a specific reason why his archives are in Tulsa. Found this item on the Bob Dylan Center website that explains it's just steps away from the archival home of his early hero, Woody Guthrie ... that's certainly a good combination.
https://shop.bobdylancenter.com/products/bob-dylan-mixing-up-the-medicine

May 16, 2023 8:56 pm  #2

Re: New book on Bob Dylan to feature over 600 images from his archives

About 1992 or 1993, we visited Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced Museum about one block from the Space Needle in Seattle.  We were pleasantly surprised by a traveling exposition of Bob Dylan.  Which is appropriate.  From what I understand, Hendrix adored Dylan - Hendrix' hero.  I watched a 2-hr special of Hendrix' biography on HBO TV many years (+20?) ago.  They interviewed many people who knew him quite well and one of his girlfriends ranted & raved about how he went "ga-ga" about Dylan's lyrics in particular.  Jimi's only Top 40 song in the U.S. was All Along The Watchtower, one of Dylan's +500 songs in his oeuvre.  Dylan certainly carried a lot of weight with so many artists, at least at one time.

Last edited by Little Rich (May 17, 2023 2:13 am)

Board footera