The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2023 7:49 am  #1

National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame announces its 2023 inductees

May 29, 2023 4:57 pm  #2

Re: National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame announces its 2023 inductees

Do any of you know the exact dates for the induction of artists into The National R&B Hall Of Fame in the years 2014-2022? 
Or can you advise where to find the information?

May 29, 2023 5:37 pm  #3

There's a list of the ceremony dates at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rhythm_%26_Blues_Hall_of_Fame, along with a list of inductees that can be sorted by year inducted if you click on the arrows at the top of the column. Hope that helps.

May 29, 2023 6:11 pm  #4

Lorne, thank you very very much.
I looked it up on https://rbhalloffamemarksms.com only. I didn't think to look elsewhere.

May 29, 2023 6:16 pm  #5

I understand. I had gone to their website earlier because I thought I would post the info about the new inductees from there. However, I didn't feel that the website was that well-designed and so I went with the Billboard item instead (which was how I had found out about the inductees anyway). 

May 29, 2023 6:44 pm  #6

Lorne wrote:

I understand. I had gone to their website earlier because I thought I would post the info about the new inductees from there. However, I didn't feel that the website was that well-designed and so I went with the Billboard item instead (which was how I had found out about the inductees anyway). 

There should be a link on the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame website: "See Wikipedia for detailed history".
But it is clear to me that they will never put that one there...

May 29, 2023 7:15 pm  #7

I think that their focus is on having a more "artistic" presentation of info, something I've noticed in the past with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame site as well. I go to Wikipedia a lot for all kinds of info, because often it's the quickest way for me to find what I'm looking for -- and while incorrect info can be posted there, I think that there are enough people watching out for inaccuracies for this to normally be a concern.

Board footera