The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2023 8:51 pm  #1

Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame Inaugural Inductees Announced

From the article:
The inaugural class of 29 was selected by a designated nomination committee that includes industry experts as well as FARHOF’s board of directors. The class consists of 10 solo living artists, 11 solo legacy artists (all of whom are deceased, though the rules don’t stipulate that), four groups or duos, three non-performers and one recipient of the Paul Robeson Artist/Activist Award.
https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/folk-americana-roots-hall-of-fame-inaugural-class-list-gordon-lightfoot-1235412601/

September 13, 2023 10:23 pm  #2

Re: Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame Inaugural Inductees Announced

It's good to see artists of their genre honored.  Their music has been a part of our music culture as far back as I can remember.  I was disappointed that the Kingston Trio, the Highwaymen and the Brothers Four were not included, but there is always next year!

September 13, 2023 10:52 pm  #3

Re: Folk Americana Roots Hall of Fame Inaugural Inductees Announced

Yes ... just a guess on my part, but when setting up a new hall of fame I can see where some artists who are worthy of inclusion have to wait for subsequent years. Overall I think that they've done pretty well, and I look forward to seeing who they will add in the future. 

Board footera