The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2023 2:09 pm  #1

Jean Knight has died

Singer Jean Knight died on November 22 at the age of 78.

November 27, 2023 2:29 pm  #2

Re: Jean Knight has died

Thanks, mroldies. Here's a New Orleans obituary that gives a good overview of her life ... I found it particularly noteworthy that she became a nurse even as she continued to sing.
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/jean-knight-new-orleans-singer-of-mr-big-stuff-has-died/article_a48c194e-8d3f-11ee-b476-db808d95ddd0.html

November 27, 2023 3:05 pm  #3

Lorne wrote:

Thanks, mroldies. Here's a New Orleans obituary that gives a good overview of her life ... I found it particularly noteworthy that she became a nurse even as she continued to sing.
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/jean-knight-new-orleans-singer-of-mr-big-stuff-has-died/article_a48c194e-8d3f-11ee-b476-db808d95ddd0.html

I am compiling my own "who was born and who died" calendar. If I find out something interesting again,
I'll let you know.
I had my fifth round of chemotherapy today, but life goes on…

Last edited by mroldies (November 27, 2023 3:06 pm)

November 28, 2023 12:14 am  #4

The oldies board's late friend Kate Goldfield used to call me the grim reaper of oldies artists. Having lost too many friends, family, and favorite artists over the years, I've kind of slowed down with that... at least on here. I still report them as I see them, on the RIP thread on the 45cat website.

Tom Diehl

November 28, 2023 2:49 pm  #5

StereoTom wrote:

The oldies board's late friend Kate Goldfield used to call me the grim reaper of oldies artists. Having lost too many friends, family, and favorite artists over the years, I've kind of slowed down with that... at least on here. I still report them as I see them, on the RIP thread on the 45cat website.

Sometimes that information is important.
When I talk about the performer, I need to know if it should be in the present tense or the past tense. If he's alive or dead.

Board footera