The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2024 5:01 pm  #1

Heartbeat

A publicly funded educational channel in Toronto called TVO, tends to air some British shows in the evening. One of these, an old series called Heartbeat, has me absolutely hooked. Set in the 60's-early 70's, not only does it have great story lines and characters, but the music used in the episodes is to die for. Jethro Tull, The Who, Cat Stevens and Free are regulars, but they also sneak in a few one-hit wonders and last night they went above and beyond with A Question Of Temperature by The Balloon Farm, which I'm sure I haven't heard since '67. The cast also gets involved as one of the actors on the show sings the series theme, Heartbeat, the Buddy Holly nugget.

March 23, 2024 8:31 pm  #2

Re: Heartbeat

The good news is if you want to see this show, you can watch it online on the TVO website. If you're outside of the country, you'll need a VPN tuned to Canada. Otherwise, it's completely free. 

Watch here.

March 23, 2024 9:51 pm  #3

Re: Heartbeat

Thanks very much to both of you ... I'll have to check this show out. Re "A Question of Temperature", I've heard Roger Ashby play it on his oldies show, but I don't think I've heard it anywhere else since it was a hit. However, I also remember posting the song's lyrics many years ago on the previous oldies board. I wish I could remember why, but it was in response to someone else who might have been asking for songs about the weather ... my recollection is that it was a somewhat questionable answer on my part. 

Board footera