The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2024 10:55 am  #1

Rare High Quality Recording Of Beatles Toronto Concert Surfaces

It was recorded without the group's knowledge on a relatively high tech set-up at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens in 1965, which means it's said to be incredible quality. And that makes it very rare.

It's currently owned by a guy looking for a buyer. But the question remains - will any of us ever hear it? He can't release a single note without the permission of Apple Records. And there are questions about whether they'll ever allow it to be heard. 

“The way the Gardens was set up, as I’ve been told, is that all of this equipment was set up behind the scenes,” [Piers] Hemmingsen said. “I’m pretty sure (Brian Epstein) was unaware that this recording was being made.”

Hemmingsen said he sat on the tapes for so long because he figured there had to be another copy of the Gardens show out in the world.

Now he feels differently.

“I’m pretty sure this is the only one,” he said.

He unearthed a recording of a legendary 1965 Beatles concert from Maple Leaf Gardens. Here’s why it might be worth a fortune 

September 24, 2024 3:33 pm  #2

Re: Rare High Quality Recording Of Beatles Toronto Concert Surfaces

I won't be surprised if the owner is sued for copyright infringement.  Or something along those lines.  I'm not castigating, passing judgement - just observations.  I would love to see those tapes passed made available so people can better appreciate some of the finest music of all time.

Board footera