The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2019 6:57 pm  #1

Dylan’s Nashville Sessions Explored in ‘Travelin’ Thru’

Bob Dylan’s late-Sixties Nashville studio sessions — and his collaborations with Johnny Cash — are explored in the mini-documentary The Story Of Travelin’ Thru, 1967 – 1969, the companion visual to the just-released 15th volume in Dylan’s Bootleg Series.
The seven-minute film features new interviews with Rosanne Cash, Darius Rucker and Jason Isbell, and includes archival footage from Dylan’s Nashville sojourn, including in-the-studio video of Dylan and Cash.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bob-dylan-nashville-sessions-travelin-thru-doc-906988/

November 2, 2019 2:53 am  #2

Re: Dylan’s Nashville Sessions Explored in ‘Travelin’ Thru’

wish i could see the vid, but am computually inept at present. however, i got the discs yesterday, and can report that they are easily some of the best issues of the bootleg series.  the booklet is nearly worth the price of the set (well under $30 on amazon) and the earl scruggs collaborations are particularly good, and mostly, as far as i know, scarcely if at all booted previously.

the audio of the cash sessions may have perhaps been tinkered with somewhat to enhance quality, though they sound fairly accurate to most of the versions i've heard before. though, none have been the complete session as presented here. it's a shame bob johnston didn't live to see this, i think he'd have appreciated it very much..

Last edited by gopher (November 2, 2019 2:59 am)

Board footera