The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2019 5:34 pm  #1

Linda Ronstadt Doc Airs New Year's Night On CNN

Mark New Year's Night at 9 PM on your calendar - and your DVR. That's the night CNN presents the TV debut of a documentary called "Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of my Voice." It's the story of the singer's career - and the reason it ended so prematurely. 

From the press release:

"Ronstadt narrates her own story over footage of her personal photos, archival film of her concert performances and music videos, while guiding viewers through her early years in Tucson, singing Mexican canciones with her family, her folk music days as a co-founder of the Stone Poneys, and her famed, genre-defying musical collaborations. Viewers of the film are treated to Ronstadt’s personal stories behind favorites including, “You’re No Good,” “Blue Bayou,” and “When Will I Be Loved,” learning how her powerful vocal range gave her singing a searing intensity that created devoted fans, even among her musical peers."

Sounds like it could be good and critics have been kind.

Additional airings are Jan. 4th @ 9 PM and Sunday Jan. 5 @ 12 AM.

CNN FILMS Debuts Critics’ Choice Documentary Award Winner ‘LINDA RONSTADT: The Sound of My Voice’ on New Year’s Day

December 30, 2019 5:38 pm  #2

Re: Linda Ronstadt Doc Airs New Year's Night On CNN

Speaking of the CNN doc, here's the background on a guy you've probably never heard of. But there may not have been a Linda Ronstadt, an Eagles, or Rick Nelson's Stone Canyon Band without him.

He comes from Buffalo, and the city not surprisingly plays a big part in this article about this famous unknown in the Buffalo News:

What do the Eagles and Muppets have in common? An ex-accordion player from Buffalo

Board footera