The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2020 3:42 pm  #1

How To Find Out What Was #1 On The Charts The Day You Were Born

Not sure if this has ever been posted here before, so forgive me if this is a rerun. But I found a site that purports to tell you what the #1 song was on the charts the day you were born. (Provided you came into this world after Jan. 1946.) It lists the chart toppers for the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia and Germany, where available. 

I find it really interesting that the Canadian charts used don't begin until May 27, 1957 - which just happens to be the day CHUM in Toronto switched to Top 40. So my guess is this site is using those charts as a reference. 

What was the No.1 song on the day you were born?

January 17, 2020 10:45 am  #2

Re: How To Find Out What Was #1 On The Charts The Day You Were Born

Many years ago on the old board, someone posted about a website of this nature but I think that this is a different one. I like it, but the situation with the Canadian charts is curious to me. I agree that the start date for the Canadian charts indicate that CHUM would be the source, and the #1 song for May 27/57 is what was #1 on the first CHUM Chart: All Shook Up. However, when I tried my own birthdate I got Theme From A Summer Place, which never reached #1 on CHUM; the top song there when I was born was Beatnik Fly. RPM magazine didn't begin its national Canadian chart until 1964, so I don't know what they might have used in between. But it's still a great site anyway, so thanks for posting about it here. 

Board footera