The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2020 5:51 pm  #1

beach boycott?

takes yer pick... i'm kinda with brian, here. though, i'm not opposed to anyone working, solomon burke did a gig for the klan once, after all.

granted, solomon didn't know what he was getting into, these guys do.
https://jambands.com/news/2020/02/04/brian-wilson-and-al-jardine-speak-out-against-touring-beach-boys-call-for-boycott/

Last edited by gopher (February 4, 2020 6:05 pm)

February 4, 2020 6:41 pm  #2

Re: beach boycott?

Agree Goph. In fact Lennon got his butt in a crack doing some concerts for some "organisations" that he didn't know much about. Was it the Weathermen? Didn't help his pleas to stay in the US. In this case I support Brian & Al completely.

February 10, 2020 1:49 am  #3

Re: beach boycott?

Anyone heard from Ted Nugent regarding this?  I didn't see his name mentioned anywhere in the article but he's usually in the middle of this kind of thing.  He has been a vocal supporter of Safari Club International as well as the very low-key, non-political NRA for many years and they continue to reciprocate with their support for him as well, despite his illegal hunting in Alaska in 2009.  That was the first time he was caught.  He doesn't think the government should have anything to do with controlling hunters - he's kind a renegade and in it for the bucks.  Anyway, I'm sure he's raising a ruckus somewhere up the food chain within Safari Club International.  I would boycott the music just because of the political aspects of the SCI. 

Board footera