The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2020 2:14 pm  #1

RIP Bassist Steve Priest: An appreciation of The Sweet

Everyone has a band that they’re inexplicably drawn to when they’re young and just getting into music. For me, that band was The Sweet.
I can’t explain it, but that’s music. There are certain sounds and attitudes and sonics that grab you in a special way. Why would I gravitate to The Sweet during my adolescence and teen years? No clue. But I’m a fan to this day.
https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com/rip-bassist-steve-priest-an-appreciation-of-the-sweet/

June 8, 2020 9:02 pm  #2

Re: RIP Bassist Steve Priest: An appreciation of The Sweet

The comments were actually from the first two paragraphs of the article by Toronto broadcaster and writer Alan Cross ... I generally like to include the beginning of the articles I post as a preview, so that people can get an idea of whether they're interested in reading the rest of the article or not. But having said that, I did like a lot of The Sweet's records as well. However, I found your comment about Daniel Boone quite interesting, because I never knew that he did Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast ... looked the song up on Wikipedia and found that he did it before Wayne Newton, who had the big hit with it here. But I can see where songs like that wouldn't have been the best fit with The Sweet's music. Not sure if Boone's 1972 hit Beautiful Sunday would have been out when you saw him, but in North America that's what he's known for. Anyway, it's always interesting to read about things like this from other parts of the world ... thanks for sharing. 

Board footera