The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2020 4:01 pm  #1

Live Performances Of Vintage 60s Music Stars Turn Up On YouTube

Wow, I can’t believe I almost missed this. I’m guessing most who are from North America and gather here will recall the name Ed Sullivan. His show on CBS was a weekly staple on Sunday nights for decades. Sullivan was a gossip columnist in the early days of TV who had no ability on television except one – he could spot talent and what would attract an audience.

He was the one who first welcomed the Beatles to North America in Feb. 1964, and the ratings went through the roof when the Fab Four performed on his show in front of hundreds of screaming teens in the audience. Now a company has bought up the rights to the appearances of some of the most famous music stars of the 60s and is putting a new one up every day on YouTube. And it’s at my favorite price – free.

Among those already featured: The Supremes, Neil Diamond, The Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles and The Temptations with more to come. The performances are pretty amazing, especially when you consider it’s impossible to see any of these people live anymore.

The Ed Sullivan Show site.

Board footera