The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2020 9:32 pm  #1

How Many Can You Name?

Someone sent this video to me, focusing on the poignancy of the lyrics.  As I watched the video, I decided to see how many of the images that appear on the video I could identify.  There are 30 images (although the first and last are the same).  How many can you name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agBtEUHvFWU

July 15, 2020 7:31 am  #2

Re: How Many Can You Name?

Wow, that was beautiful.  My heart aches now.

July 17, 2020 6:41 pm  #3

When I first began viewing, I thought this might have been a tribute to artists who had passed away... and was shocked to see Anne Murray and then Paul Anka..  Thank goodness we still have many of these talented folks with us, and hopefully for many years to come.

July 18, 2020 7:26 am  #4

Cloud9 wrote:

When I first began viewing, I thought this might have been a tribute to artists who had passed away... and was shocked to see Anne Murray and then Paul Anka..  Thank goodness we still have many of these talented folks with us, and hopefully for many years to come.

Me too!  I actually said out loud, "I didn't know Ann Murray died!"

July 18, 2020 12:49 pm  #5

Here is the list of performers (in order of appearance) pictured in the video:
​Glen Campbell
Phil Everly
Johnny Mathis
Anne Murray
Conway Twitty
Paul Anka
Roger Whitaker
Roy Clark
Engelbert Humperdink
Tom Jones
Paul McCartney
Diana Ross
Olivia Newton-John
Carol King
Joni Mitchell
Dusty Springfield
Francoise Hardy
Andy Williams
Bobby Bare
Cliff Richard
Petula Clark
Agnetha Faliskog
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Chuck Berry
Joan Baez
Lynn Anderson
Tina Turner
Whitney Houston
Cilla Black
Glen Campbell

Last edited by Lorne (July 18, 2020 3:49 pm)

July 18, 2020 1:26 pm  #6

The forum is doing something to the link at the end of your list ... I tried to see if I could figure out what it ought to be, but I wasn't successful. However, the list of performers is the main thing. And I agree that the video is poignant and beautiful. Thanks for posting it and the list as well. 

July 18, 2020 3:42 pm  #7

I went into "edit" mode to try and erase it but it wasn't visible in "edit" mode.

July 18, 2020 3:53 pm  #8

That's really something about the editing issue. I had been figuring that it was just a case of correcting the link if I could figure it out, but I just tried going into edit mode myself and I ran into the same problem. Finally solved it by selecting the entire text, cutting it (as opposed to copying it), and then pasting it back in as plain text. Still learning as the admin here. 

Board footera