The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2020 10:19 am  #1

Rockin’ Robin: A Radio Legend Tribute

(By Art Vuolo) Every now and then TV bows to Radio. Such is the case with a special documentary which will showcase Detroit’s legendary Robin Seymour. Often regarded as the local version of Dick Clark with his popular teen dance show called “Swingin’ Time.”
Seymour had all of the biggest stars and he did it across the river from Detroit on Windsor’s channel 9 CKLW-TV. Seymour, who began at Dearborn’s WKMH was there when it morphed into WKNR Keener 13 and then segued over to Canadian powerhouse CKLW which led to his popular TV show. 
https://radioink.com/2020/11/30/rockin-robin-a-radio-legend-tribute/

November 30, 2020 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Rockin’ Robin: A Radio Legend Tribute

This sounds great!  Although I can't recall this program, I most certainly can recall channel 9.  It was a channel that showed  programs that I'd never seen before.  I remember a cartoon Wizard of Oz.  I vaguely remember watching a young hippie guy, showing his coolness, interviewing people.  But the most memorable is seeing curling for the first time in my life!  /What a rush!  

November 30, 2020 4:42 pm  #3

Re: Rockin’ Robin: A Radio Legend Tribute

Yes, I figured that it was likely to bring back some memories for you as soon as I saw this item. Glad to see that it did. 

Board footera