The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2021 2:00 pm  #1

February 9, 2021 7:56 pm  #2

Re: I am so sad I missed this info - Little Walter's Time Machine

the guy was obviously very good at what he did, but he must not have been particularly creative if, as his monicker, he felt a need to cop the name "little walter", which without doubt is commonly associated worldwide with legendary chicago blues harmonica genius and chess recording artist, little walter jacobs.

Last edited by gopher (February 9, 2021 8:01 pm)

February 9, 2021 9:29 pm  #3

Walter was great.  He made us all happy in so many ways.  If you have nothing to say but criticism, just STOP!!

February 10, 2021 4:10 pm  #4

gopher, read the article...he didn't "cop" the name.  His dad was Walter and he was "Little Walter".  This kind of crap is why I don't post much.  Everybody wants to prove how smart they are...even when they're wrong. Walter was a pretty good guy and did more for the music than people posting nonsense. I'm not trying to start a P*****G contest and I won't reply. I'm done with the subject.

February 11, 2021 9:54 pm  #5

oldandtired wrote:

gopher, read the article...he didn't "cop" the name.  His dad was Walter and he was "Little Walter".  This kind of crap is why I don't post much.  Everybody wants to prove how smart they are...even when they're wrong. Walter was a pretty good guy and did more for the music than people posting nonsense. I'm not trying to start a P*****G contest and I won't reply. I'm done with the subject.

ok, so he didn't 'cop' the name. poor wording on my part, sorry. but if your name happened to be, for example, paul mccartney, would you choose that to identify yourself as an on-air personality, really?

i'm just sayin'... the name little walter has been well documented as having been synonymous with chicago blues since the late 1940's, and he (little walter jacobs) is, by the way, also a member of the rock'n'roll hall of fame.

Last edited by gopher (February 12, 2021 11:14 am)

March 9, 2021 7:11 pm  #6

Walter was a good guy who did a lot of research to find lost master tapes of rare oldies. Without him, a lot of music would have never seen the light of day in crystal clear sound quality.

Tom Diehl

Board footera