The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2019 7:25 am  #1

The Cowsills New Album: Update

About 6-9 months ago The Cowsills initiated a PledgeMusic (a Go Fund Me for musical artists) campaign to help raise money for the recording of one last Cowsills album.  The campaign was successful and they have been in the studio recording the new album.  Unfortunately, there have been problems with the  PledgeMusic platform.  Here is an update on the status of the album. (apologizies for the cut and paste, as the link required a google login, which not everyone might have)=24pxAn Update On Our Pledge Music Campaign Hi all! Thank you all for the continued support. We wanted to update you guys because there have been questions about the status of everything given the various problems with Pledge Music. For those not aware, Pledge has been severely behind on paying artists and owe large amounts of money to numerous artists. I think the last I read was that they're trying to restructure at the moment. I'd recommend a quick Google search for Pledge Music - there's a lot of articles out there about this. Currently, we’re one of many many artists who still haven’t been paid for our funded campaigns. The good news is, the band has been able to continue some production on the album! So rest assured, you all WILL have the album upon completion. AND, please be absolutely certain that you will receive the items you pledged for in time. I have, and the band has, complete inventory of everything that was ordered. Right now we are essentially in waiting mode with the people at Pledge while they straighten their issues out. We luckily made contact with someone there after a while, so thankfully we haven’t been completely ghosted. But since the Pledge platform itself is not very useful for the time being, I wanted to email you all directly and give you an update. Unfortunately that’s all we really can say at the moment because we really don’t know what is going on besides what we were told, which is that we will eventually get the funding straightened out. I can tell you that Bob, Susan, Paul and the band have been working hard to make the best of this situation and continue work on the album despite not having the Pledge funds. But as you can imagine, it’s been a frustrating process at times. They’re so determined to get this done, and I know firsthand that getting this project to y’all in particular is so important to them, as it is to me and the whole team/family. Hang in there with us, and I will update you all via email as this all unfolds!

I also want to encourage anyone with questions, concerns, etc. (even if you just want to geek out over favorite Cowsills songs - I'm always up for that) to email me directly at cowsillpledge@gmail.com. I will respond as promptly as possible. 
Thank you all again so much. Your enthusiasm is amazing. We'll be touching base again soon, because the band will be back in the studio before HTT starts!Sean
Cowsills Campaign HQ

Board footera