The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2021 5:00 pm  #1

Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time

In 2004, Rolling Stone published its list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. It’s one of the most widely read stories in our history, viewed hundreds of millions of times on this site. But a lot has changed since 2004; back then the iPod was relatively new, and Billie Eilish was three years old. So we’ve decided to give the list a total reboot. To create the new version of the RS 500 we convened a poll of more than 250 artists, musicians, and producers — from Angelique Kidjo to Zedd, Sam Smith to Megan Thee Stallion, M. Ward to Bill Ward — as well as figures from the music industry and leading critics and journalists. They each sent in a ranked list of their top 50 songs, and we tabulated the results.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-songs-of-all-time-1224767/the-supremes-baby-love-3-1224838/

September 20, 2021 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time

I can't believe I subjected myself to all this crap.  It was so awful and I should have known it, but there were a few bright spots.   The one that made me smile was Sittin On the Dock of the Bay, because I felt it should be way up there, and had heard a lot of people saying it was one of the great records of all time.  But it at least it came out in the top 50, as it should.. Was hoping for You've Lost That Lovin  Feelin and Pretty Woman, but they appeared to move on from there.

Board footera