The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2020 4:20 pm  #1

Willie Nelson to host virtual ‘Farm Aid’ benefit concert

For the first time in its 35-year history, Farm Aid — the annual benefit concert which helps raise funds for local U.S. farmers — will not take place at an outdoor venue, but online as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has put heavy restrictions on mass gatherings worldwide.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6799265/farm-aid-at-home-coronavirus-concert-willie-nelson-neil-young/

April 12, 2020 8:08 am  #2

Re: Willie Nelson to host virtual ‘Farm Aid’ benefit concert

Lorne wrote:

For the first time in its 35-year history, Farm Aid — the annual benefit concert which helps raise funds for local U.S. farmers — will not take place at an outdoor venue, but online as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has put heavy restrictions on mass gatherings worldwide.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6799265/farm-aid-at-home-coronavirus-concert-willie-nelson-neil-young/

I watched the Farm Aid Special last night with performances by each of its board members and it was really solid. Dave Matthews kicked things off with passionate solo renderings of several Dave Matthews Band favorites. John Mellencamp was up next and he played a stellar set backing himself up with some strong acoustic guitar work on a mix of old and new songs, with the striking Farm Aid anthem 'Rain On The Scarecrow' serving as the centerpiece.  Neil Young's set was fabulous. Although he didn't say a word, Vampire Blues, Love & Only Love and Helpless were especially poignant in these times. Willie Nelson was great as well and my only criticism would be the brevity of his appearance as he played fantastic acoustic guitar (although not on his famous Martin, Trigger) and harmonized on one song each by his sons Lucas and Micah, and then ended the show with 'On The Road Again'. It was the logical closer as I'm sure every musician out there echoes his sentiment, "I can't wait to get on the road again".

Last edited by Roman (April 12, 2020 8:09 am)

Board footera