The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2020 1:59 pm  #1

9/11 and the CV-19 Tragedies and Their Music Commonalities

So, I have been including music, mostly inspirational, some satirical relating to CV-19 in my weekly Rock 'n Roll Radio Show.  Probably, the most inspirational of all tunes that I've included in my weekly Rock 'n Roll Radio Show is Roger & Hammerstein's You'll Never Walk Alone.  Besides the Pacemakers or Jim Nabor's covers of that song, I think the MOST evocative cover of that tune is Barbara Streisand's closure of the 2011 Grammy's with the backdrop listing the names of the tragedy-stricken people who were killed in the Towers.  The people in attendance at the Grammys all stood with a rousing ovation.  That setting, IMHO couldn't be captured any better:  the vision of the people standing with the accompanying ovation is beyond comprehension unless you actuallyt witnessed it  Didn't matter what political-allegiance, size, religion - whatever.  There was something that roused the fervor of the country, the world, at the moment.  Only Barbra Streisand, in that setting, could do it justice!

April 28, 2020 2:12 pm  #2

Re: 9/11 and the CV-19 Tragedies and Their Music Commonalities

April 28, 2020 2:44 pm  #3

Lorne wrote:

Here's a very heartwarming story about a new version of You'll Never Walk Alone that I think will be of interest.
https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/captain-tom-moore-claims-victory-on-the-official-chart-with-youll-never-walk-alone-becomes-the-oldest-artist-to-reach-number-1__29563/

Thx Lorne - yes, an interesting story,

May 1, 2020 12:15 pm  #4

I vote for Johnny Maestro for most moving version!

May 1, 2020 3:22 pm  #5

I have to agree with Flo. Johnny sang it like and angel.

Board footera