The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2020 11:02 am  #1

Has Anyone Else Seen This Weird "Beatles" Film?

I just saw something that was so odd, I’m not sure what to make of it. If you’re in the U.S., it’s been airing this month on The Movie Channel, the secondary service from Showtime. It's not exactly easy to see it -  I had to DVR it around 2:30 in the morning.

It’s a 2019 SkyTV England 22-minute short called “Scrambled Eggs” and it's a dramatization of the well known story of how Paul McCartney supposedly woke up one morning with the tune for “Yesterday” in his head, and wasn’t sure if he actually wrote it.

It was a very strange short that pictured McCartney living with Jane Asher’s family at the height of early Beatlemania, with actors portraying John, George & Ringo also in the cast.

I’m honestly not sure what the point of it was, although it concludes by saying it was the start of the end of John & Paul’s songwriting collaboration, which I don't think is quite accurate. If you have cable, are curious and get TMC, it airs again this month on the 13th, the 25th and the 29th. Definitely not terrible, just a strange interlude. 

Scrambled Eggs 

Board footera