The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2020 2:58 pm  #1

Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65 from Cancer

Just reported on Fox News also on the 'net

October 7, 2020 5:08 am  #2

Re: Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65 from Cancer

This one hurts.  I always considered Eddie one of the greatest guitarists.

October 7, 2020 6:16 pm  #3

It's me Karen wrote:

This one hurts.  I always considered Eddie one of the greatest guitarists.

I fully agree with you Karen.  He was not only a brilliant musician but an inventor - his own guitar, the Frankenstrat.  I caught Wikipedia in an error:  they claimed he was named #1 guitarist of all time in a 2014 issue of Guitar World magazine.  When i checked that citation at the bottom of the Wikipedia page, I was sent to the original copy of Guitar World.  According to the original article, he was actually named #4.  I am not detracting at all; besides being an extremely talented guitarist,rock artist, most will agree he was a brilliant musicologist.  Just saying "Buyer Beware" when referencing Wikipedia.  I went further to check other "authorities" including Rolling Stone magazine (not really credible) and others:  Eddie was ALWAYS listed in the Top 10.

October 8, 2020 7:36 am  #4

it may now be possible for a certain color m&m to rejoin its fellow candies... though who knows what chickenfoot gets up to, backstage?

Last edited by gopher (October 8, 2020 8:50 pm)

October 8, 2020 8:14 am  #5

Can't say I was a huge Van Halen fan but if you watch the old video, Les Paul He Changed The Music, Eddie is one of the invited guest to play on it. 

October 8, 2020 7:01 pm  #6

Board footera