The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2021 4:51 pm  #1

ERIC CLAPTON HAS ANNOUNCED . . .

. . . that he will not perform at any venue that requires attendees to provide evidence of having been vaccinated.    What do you think about that? 

G. (had two jabs)

July 23, 2021 9:36 am  #2

Re: ERIC CLAPTON HAS ANNOUNCED . . .

I found the following article that gives some background on this. I've had both shots and had no side effects, but we're all different -- and he's at a point in his life where he can be selective about where he plays. 
https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/eric-clapton-says-he-won-t-play-venues-that-require-proof-of-vaccination-1.5519046

July 23, 2021 1:23 pm  #3

With all the differing rules & legislations in different venues (outdoors/indoors/no doors) he might get a few surprises from promoters 

July 23, 2021 1:34 pm  #4

That's a very good point. There's also the fact that he's now had the two shots, so even though he's unhappy with his experience with the vaccine he would now qualify to play such venues. If I were in his position, I'd just be glad I could play anywhere and not worry about what the rules were for the audience; I'd just be happy to be playing in front of fans again. And I imagine there would be fans who have had problems with side effects that would feel the same way ... again, I'd be thinking that having gone through the difficulties, I might as well get the benefit of being able to go anywhere.

July 27, 2021 9:44 am  #5

G. wrote:

. . . that he will not perform at any venue that requires attendees to provide evidence of having been vaccinated.    What do you think about that? 

G. (had two jabs)

if people can't grasp the difference between percieved authoritarian politics, and common sense public health policy, screw 'em.  clapton has never seemed all that bright to me, anyhow.

brit artists in particular, so far as i've noticed, appear to be hung up about this. van morrison, who i greatly admire in general, seems rather angrily confused about the issue as well, for example.

Last edited by gopher (July 27, 2021 10:07 am)

July 30, 2021 4:33 pm  #6

gopher wrote:

G. wrote:

G. (had two jabs)

if people can't grasp the difference between perceived authoritarian politics, and common sense public health policy, screw 'em   

What the Goph said goes for me too.

July 31, 2021 1:15 pm  #7

G. wrote:

gopher wrote:

G. wrote:

G. (had two jabs)

if people can't grasp the difference between perceived authoritarian politics, and common sense public health policy, screw 'em   

What the Goph said goes for me too.

this may be of interest:
https://www.loudersound.com/features/eric-clapton-van-morrison-and-the-perplexing-rise-of-the-covid-conspiracy-rockers

July 31, 2021 1:28 pm  #8

". . . not the only pensionable truth-warrior huffing like a walrus in a health farm . . . "

Love it!

G.

July 31, 2021 6:19 pm  #9

Agree Goph

Board footera