The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2022 11:06 pm  #1

Grammy Awards rescheduled to April 3 in Las Vegas

The Grammy Awards ceremony honouring top performances in music has been rescheduled for April 3 in Las Vegas, the Recording Academy and broadcaster CBS said in a statement on Tuesday.
Comedian Trevor Noah will host the ceremony, which will be televised and streamed live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Nominations for the 2022 Grammys were announced in November. Pianist and bandleader Jon Batiste led a field that ranged from rap to jazz music and embraced newcomers from teen pop sensation Olivia Rodrigo to veteran crooner Tony Bennett, 95, who won his first Grammy in 1963.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/grammy-awards-rescheduled-1.6319501

January 21, 2022 12:20 am  #2

Re: Grammy Awards rescheduled to April 3 in Las Vegas

You're talking Diversity (ages and .  Batiste is a brilliant, hard-working, icon with all kinds of awards already.  He and his band are certainly entertaining in the Stephen Cobert Show on TV; that's an ironic comment  since I watch VERY LITTLE TV.  Bottom Line: Batiste deserves whatever he gets.  And so does, of course, Mr. Tony Bennett.  The TV special he had with  Lady Gaga was amazing; somehow I was, initially thinking as I heard him, that he syncing - NOT.  I was watching his vocal chords and his breathing rhythm - it was real as far as I could tell, which amazed me at his age he still some phenomenal chords.

January 23, 2022 5:45 am  #3

Re: Grammy Awards rescheduled to April 3 in Las Vegas

las vegas appears to have become the new pop branson... makes sense they'd move the show there.

nevermind the late night tv persona, anyone who's seen his austin city limits performance will not at all wonder why batiste is nominated for 11 of the questionable yet still acclaimed, and occasionally deserved, grammy awards.

Last edited by gopher (January 23, 2022 6:00 am)

Board footera