The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2022 11:37 am  #1

Neil Diamond Story Is Broadway Bound

The lead for this long awaited Broadway play, peppered with tons of Neil Diamond's greatest hits, has been announced. His name is Will Swenson and he's not only a Neil Diamond fan but he was his "dad’s favorite artist, and he grew up knowing every Diamond song. Swenson’s dad went to Diamond concerts and had a signed poster up in the garage. “One of my earliest memories is wearing out the ‘Hot August Night’ eight-track tape,” he says, laughing.

“I never had a music rehearsal because I came in and I knew all the songs by heart, and I’m not even exaggerating,” he said... 

“If you want to talk about a surreal moment, try singing 30 Neil Diamond songs while portraying Neil Diamond, 10 feet away from Neil Diamond. It was the most crazy, crazy experience of my life.”

The musical debuts on the road in Boston (where "Sweet Caroline" has become a sports anthem) and then moves to New York. But if the show is a hit, it will almost certainly hit the road and a touring version (with or without its lead) will eventually appear in a city near you. 

Neil Diamond stage musical reveals its Broadway veteran star

March 7, 2022 3:12 am  #2

Re: Neil Diamond Story Is Broadway Bound

"Sweet Caroline"(bom-bom-bom) has also become a staple at karaoke bars (So good-so good-so good).

Board footera