The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2023 10:46 am  #1

Gordon Lightfoot cancels all US and Canadian concert dates for 2023

I was sorry to hear this news today, but given how far his touring was taking him from his home here in Toronto it's certainly understandable. Listening to our oldies station AM740 playing "Baby Step Back" by him right now, which reached #50 on Billboard in 1982 but was much bigger here ... it's one of my favourites by him. 
https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/gordon-lightfoot-cancels-canada-u-s-concert-dates-over-health-issues-1.6350435

April 11, 2023 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Gordon Lightfoot cancels all US and Canadian concert dates for 2023

Some 13 years ago, radio and TV stations all over Canada were reporting that Lightfoot had died. That certainly came as a surprise to the folk singer, who heard about his own demise on his car radio. Hopefully, any reports of his current health issues being serious will be similarly proven wrong. 

From 2010:

Lightfoot very much alive, despite reports of death

April 11, 2023 5:21 pm  #3

Re: Gordon Lightfoot cancels all US and Canadian concert dates for 2023

It is similar in our country. Actors, musicians and singers think they will perform until they are a hundred years old. Living to be eighty and relatively healthy is beautiful. Not everyone will succeed... At that age, one should slow down and enjoy the last years of life in the family, listen to the music one likes, enjoy grandchildren, great-grandchildren...
That’s my opinion.
By the way - I like Gordon Lightfoot, his vinyl album was released in 1976 in our country too, at that time behind “the iron curtain".

Board footera