The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2024 9:39 am  #1

New Gizmo Celebrates 60 Yrs. Of Beatles Coming To North America

Feb. 7th will mark exactly 60 years since Beatlemania hit North America when the Fab Four's plane landed in New York, soon to be followed by their landmark appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. Now a company called "Precious Sound" is hoping to capitalize on the event by producing what it calls a "Beatles Stabilizer set," a collectible product designed to ride on top of a turntable, supposedly to somehow make the record sound better and not skip.

At least I think that's what it does. Here's how they describe it:

"The stabilizer...sits on top of the vinyl, helping to create a more steady, resonant sound and delighting the eye. Each stabilizer comes with 3 inserts, featuring iconic Beatles designs, including the Sgt. Pepper's drum skin and Abbey Road crosswalk image. The swirling scenes and musical notes combine for a mesmerizing experience - truly taking Beatlemania to the next level."

OK, they're taking advantage of the anniversary to hawk something you really don't need, but the fact Apple Corp. has sanctioned it makes it worth mentioning. If this sounds like something that might interest you, you can find out more here.

And what will you pay for this iconic product? A whopping $290 U.S.

I love the Beatles, but not that much!

January 17, 2024 3:32 pm  #2

Re: New Gizmo Celebrates 60 Yrs. Of Beatles Coming To North America

Dear aflem,
You commented it absolutely brilliantly!

January 17, 2024 4:08 pm  #3

Re: New Gizmo Celebrates 60 Yrs. Of Beatles Coming To North America

I know many people do use a stabilizer on high end systems. If you have a $20,000 turntable what's a few bucks for a stabilizer. As for me and my NAD turntable I'll pass for $290!

Board footera