The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2024 4:15 pm  #1

Duane Eddy, rock guitar pioneer, dies at 86

He had an amazing run of hits, and he influenced many other prominent musicians such as George Harrison, John Fogerty, and Bruce Springsteen. Also impressive was his 1980s comeback with Art of Noise on a remake of his 1960 hit "Peter Gunn". A true legend.
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/duane-eddy-dies-at-86

May 1, 2024 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Duane Eddy, rock guitar pioneer, dies at 86

Always enjoyed his work on the B.J. Thomas 1972 hit Rock And Roll Lullaby. Also his big 1975  comeback hit in the UK with Rebelettes. Play Me Like You Play Your Guitar.    Of earlier years Because They're Young was a standout.

Last edited by Scotty (May 1, 2024 8:26 pm)

May 2, 2024 11:58 pm  #3

Truly a sad day for us old timers.  In 1958, after two years on Guam with very little pop music on the radio, I spent the summer in L.A. listening to one of the all-time Top 40 stations, KFWB, Channel 98! "Rebel-Rouser" was heard many times and I became a forever fan.  In 1962, I started my DJ career in September and "Dance With Guitar Man" was one of the first songs I played that night.  Thanks you Duane for lots of music and memories.  I will remain a fan until the end!

May 3, 2024 6:16 am  #4

I was turned on to Duane Eddy as a teenager when the high school band would play Rebel Rouser at pep rallys! I asked he band director what was that and when he told me I ran out and bought Twangy Guitar!

Board footera