The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2024 2:38 pm  #1

Mama Cass's Daughter Fights Back Against Story Of Mother's Death

No, Mama Cass did not die by choking on a ham sandwich in her hotel room while on a tour in London, England. But the story has persisted since the early 1970s, despite the fact it was a heart attack that was determined to be the actual cause. 

Now her daughter is attempting to fight that narrative in a new book about her mom's life - and very untimely death. But where and how did the rumor get started? 

Mama Cass’s Daughter is Setting the Record Straight on Her Tragic Death

May 13, 2024 4:44 am  #2

Re: Mama Cass's Daughter Fights Back Against Story Of Mother's Death

Not sure how it started but it sure began a kerfuffle on old board  when I posted that.      The daughter of all people happened to read it , went ballsitic and threatened to sue the Oldies Board and myself.   Had an e - mail from Ron  Smith saying he had apoligised for both of us and smoothed it over eventually.  Shows be careful you never know who is reading something posted. What upset her most apparently was the fact that her mother was   a Cohen, Jewish and wouldn't be caught near a ham sandwich.  This even though my old Jewish  pal  loved them and always said " What the Rabbi can't see won't hurt him "   He wasn't very devout obviously. 

Last edited by Scotty (May 13, 2024 4:45 am)

Board footera