The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2020 12:12 pm  #1

Former Teen Pop Star Recounts His Strange Life Journey

It's only fair to say I was not a fan of The DeFranco Family. Despite some chart success, they were basically known for their one hit, "Heartbeat, It's A Lovebeat," in 1973. It was a shameless attempt to try and mimic the success of The Osmonds, with Tony DeFranco the supposedly new Donnie. (Another pop tot I didn't have a lot of time for, although he's proven to have a lot more staying power.)

So when I came across this article, I almost skipped it. But it turned out to be a fairly interesting story of a kid who achieved unheard of fame at a very young age, then watched it all disappear in just a few short years. Tony DeFranco is now a very successful real estate agent. But he still gets email from fans who remember the young kid he once was. He's one of the lucky ones - he didn't slip into an alcoholic haze or drugs.

So what happens when you go from one extreme to the other? The answer can be found here.

https://doyouremember.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/tony-defranco-then-and-now-758x426.jpg

Last edited by aflem (September 18, 2020 12:13 pm)

Board footera