The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2020 1:45 pm  #91

Re: Oldies Acts Still Performing

Lorne, good digging to find Cleveland Still's age.  I knew I had read or heard it somewhere, but you're info confirms he belongs on the list.

May 4, 2020 2:08 pm  #92

Did not know that. He's listed as having some dates for 2020 on various concert websites. Perhaps they were made in advance and never corrected? I'm sorry to hear of his troubles. He's one of the best voices from the past in Top 40. A shame if age and illness has silenced The Voice. (I still think Cara Mia is one of the greatest performances on any 45.)

May 12, 2020 7:10 am  #93

Last Saturday, one of the promoters of oldies concerts (Rob  and Laura Albanese) put together a "virtual concert".  It was a combination of at-home performances and footage from recent live concerts. Below is the description of the "concert", followed by the Youtube link.
Laura & I want to thank all the First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Truck Drivers, Cashiers, Mail Carriers and all those who have responded and have put their lives on the line day after day to help keep us safe.

You are our true heroes.

LAR Enterprises wanted to honor these heroes. We asked tonight’s performers if they would donate their time to recreate some of their songs and WOW did they respond in a big way.

Starring

Kenny Vance & The Planotones, Brian Hyland, Chris Montez, Bob Miranda, Larry Chance & The Earls (In never before seen video), Leslie Anderson, The Current lead Singer of the Dubs, Classic Sounds, Norman Fox and Mike D’Amore, The Current lead Singer of the Capris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-eHCUCkhEs

May 12, 2020 9:41 pm  #94

I would question quite a few of those.

Board footera