The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2019 11:21 pm  #1

How Mick Jagger Inspired the Title of the Beatles' 'Rubber Soul'

By 1965, The Beatles had written some great songs. They’d put “Please Please Me,” “A Hard Day’s Night,” and the Paul McCartney masterpiece “Yesterday” on vinyl and sold millions of records around the world.
But as catchy as those tunes (and their song titles) were, the band had yet to name an album with any sort of creativity. Of their first five releases, the title either came from a song or film name (e.g., Help!) or had a generic name (e.g., With The Beatles).
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/how-mick-jagger-inspired-the-title-of-the-beatles-rubber-soul.html/

October 20, 2019 8:51 am  #2

Re: How Mick Jagger Inspired the Title of the Beatles' 'Rubber Soul'

I'm very surprised to read that John wasn't the creative mind behind the titles Rubber Soul or Revolver, and yes, my favorite album is also Rubber Soul, George.  Have to give a shout out to Ringo for his quip on the album name he chose.  That kind of pun is in my wheel house.  

October 20, 2019 6:46 pm  #3

Yes, I think that After Geography would have been a great title to use in response to Aftermath. Especially if they had included a cover of Wonderful World. 

October 20, 2019 8:07 pm  #4

Interesting but you can hear Paul say "oooohhhh, plastic soul man plastic soul"  while in Abbey Rd. recording. It's on the Anthology Album.

October 20, 2019 8:31 pm  #5

Your comment inspired me to do some very thorough, in-depth research to try to determine the truth regarding this mystery ... ok, I actually just went to Wikipedia. But I did find some interesting info there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_soul

Board footera