The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2019 6:09 pm  #1

2 things

Don McLean was on Fox Tucker Carlson last night, available on youtube.

Not oldies related but still radio, reports are Don Imus has passed

December 27, 2019 9:42 pm  #2

Re: 2 things

I also saw that news on another web site.  He truly was one of the premier radio personalities. His skits as the Rev. Billy Sol Hargis were favorites of mine.  He also deserves credit for his charity work, especially his 'ranch'.  R.I.P. Don Imus and thanks for the the fun you brought to the transistors.

December 28, 2019 3:20 am  #3

i couldn't agree with jim more completely. the audiobook imus and his crew did for "god's other son" featuring billy sol, is one of the funniest things i've ever heard, or expect i'll ever hear, in my life. crude, rude, outrageous (and indeed unfortunately somewhat racist at times perhaps) but, compared to who? john waters? overall, a radio genius, i'd say. not to mention, an excellent and generally well informed interviewer which i hope will not be an overlooked portion of his legacy.

also, i'll never forget his sports guy warner wolf's amazing phone reporting from his nearby apartment window as the first plane hit the trade center 9/11, during the minutes before tv networks switched to coverage. his may have been the first local or national reportage of the event. riveting, and in my opinion, pulitzer worthy.

Last edited by gopher (December 28, 2019 3:38 am)

December 28, 2019 6:48 pm  #4

Board footera