The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2020 6:50 pm  #1

My new "Patty Vacation" program ..... and Firefox now works fine!

Dear Everyone, I wrote a "Patty Vacation" program that plays pop, rock, rPL&b and country videos from 117 years of music!

Hopefully thie link works! If not, please fix it! http://jerseygirlssing.com/pvy.htm ..... "pvy" stands for "Patty Vacation YouTube.."

[size=125]GOOD NEWS! IT DOES WORK ON FIREFOX BUT YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE A SETTING.  [/size]I use Firefox 72.0.2, which I believe is the latest version. Because of my Firefox settings, the "autoplay" feature, which allows audio and video to start automatically without user intervention, was blocked. (That may be the default. I'm not sure.) To run Patty's video shows on Firefox -- and you are her program director! --  click on the three dots on the upper right portion of your Firefox screen. That brings down a drop-down menu. Click on "Options." Enter "autoplay" in the search box on top. A list of permissions will appear including "Autoplay." To the right of that word, click on "Settings." You'll see "Default for all websites." Select "Allow Audio And Video." Save your changes. That's it!

Patty can announce and play them in countdown order or in random order ..... it's your choice. The program works best on a computer.

It "kinda" works on a tablet or smartphone but you need to press a button to start each video.On a computer it's automatic When a video ends -- either via you pressing the "NEXT VIDEO" button or completing by itself -- Patty immediately announces and plays the next video..  

If you have cookies enabled, your selections for music type, year and rank are retained for your convenience. You can modify them at any time.

If you have any questions or comments,or suggestions, please email me at RonnieOldiesGuy@aol.com or provide your feedback here. 

Patty has access to nearly 30 thousand videos from 1900 to 2016. And she plans to add more! Remember my message board from 2017? Patty will be adding all the videos that were "Music Videos Of The Day" and the hundreds that were posted by our visitors.

Note: some videos are unavailable as a result of actions by YouTube and/or the contributor.  When this occurs, Patty lets you know and skips to the next one.

Enjoy! The link above or the the following one (identical) will work (hopefulluy!) !and the address will remain constant as new features and more videos are added to my application.

http://jerseygirlssing.com/pvy.htm

Ronnie Allen

Last edited by Ronnie Allen (February 3, 2020 8:45 pm)

February 2, 2020 9:44 am  #2

Re: My new "Patty Vacation" program ..... and Firefox now works fine!

Ronnie, this is amazing!  The most amazing thing is hearing the music from my parent's era.  My mom and dad would have loved this.  I'm going to have so much fun and satisfaction with this.  Thank you!

February 2, 2020 11:06 am  #3

Karen, thanks so very much! You truly made my day! 

I edited my original post to let everyone know that the app works perfectly on Chrome and Internet Explorer but not on Firefox ..... I am not sure why but of course will work on solving the mystery.

February 2, 2020 11:20 am  #4

I have it on right now.  I'm like a kid in a candy shop.  I can't make up my mind what year or genre!  I love this!

Board footera